Pupil Outcomes and the Curriculum:
- Ensure suitable Safeguarding and SEND Policy and associated procedures are in place and monitor impact of arrangements for safeguarding pupils and their well being.
- Work with the Head of Academy to monitor and evaluate the christian distinctiveness (in church academies) and ethos.
- To take part in learning walks, arranged visits and events to understand the impact of the curriculum offer.
- Challenge and support leaders to secure outstanding teaching provision and outcomes for all children.
- Monitor the impact of the curriculum for all groups of pupils, especially the most vulnerable.
- Monitor progress towards the success criteria of the Academy Development Plan.
- Reporting and communicating with the Board of Trustees through the Chairs Forum.
- Seek to challenge the impact of academy plans and actions against national Benchmarking.
- Review pupil experience through seeking views of pupils.
- Review and work towards pupil admission numbers being full.
- Review pupil attendance and punctuality.
- Review pupil behaviour and safety.
- Be available and well informed in order to support the school during an Ofsted inspection, meeting with inspectors to talk knowledgeably about the strengths and challenges in the school.
- Monitor the Single Central Record (SCR).
- The Local Ethos & Governance Committee will keep under review and contribute to the academy/academies risk register.
Named Committee Members with responsibilities:
- Safeguarding (to be appointed at the first meeting).
- SENDCo (to be appointed at the first meeting).
- Ethos & Christian Distinctiveness (to be appointed at the first meeting).
- Pupil Premium (to be appointed at the first meeting).
Church Schools, in addition to the above, will have additional roles and responsibilities