- All bookings, including those via telephone, will be provisional until we have received a signed booking form for the proposed event and have subsequently issued a written booking confirmation to you.
- Written confirmation of the proposed booking will be taken as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- At least 15 working days prior to the event, you will provide us with final attendee numbers. Should catering be required, this number will be used to calculate requirements. There will be no reduction in cost for attendees who cancel or fail to show up for the event after final attendee numbers have been provided.
- If you wish to make a group booking for events throughout the year, these will be invoiced for in advance.
- Once final numbers have been confirmed, at least 15 working days prior to the event, you will then be invoiced based on these numbers and your catering requirements.
- Payment must be cleared in advance of the event by BACs. Details will be provided on the invoice.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing as soon as possible:
- If the cancellation is received 6 weeks (or 30 working days or more) prior to the start of the event, cancellation will be free of charge.
- If the cancellation is received between 6 weeks and 3 weeks (15 working days) prior to the start of the event a cancellation charge of 50% of the cost will apply.
- If the cancellation is received after this point a cancellation charge of 100% of the cost will apply.
- We may cancel your booking at any time and without liability to you if:
- Payment has not been received within the 15 working days prior to the event.
- If the building is closed or unable to operate for any reason beyond our control.
4. Our Liability
- We are not liable for loss or damage to the equipment or property belonging to you and your attendees whilst on our premises.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage to, or theft from, vehicles parked at our premises.
- We are not liable for any loss resulting from our failure to provide any services unless we do so deliberately or are negligent.
- Catering is supplied by an external supplier, therefore we will not be held responsible for the quality of the food.
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where our contractual obligations are prevented, or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”. “Force majeure” means any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
5. Client Liability
- You are liable at all times for the loss or damage to any of our furnishings, décor and equipment. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or your attendees. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to us/other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
- You accept responsibility for our equipment whilst on our premises. You will not connect any equipment (either directly or by WiFi) to our systems without prior consent from us.
- We reserve the right at any time to terminate your event or attendance of any member of your party due to misconduct. No refunds will be given. Furthermore, we shall not be under any obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of your event being terminated.
- No wine, spirits or beers to be brought onto the premises and consumed.
- You are responsible for the Health & Safety of you and your attendees whilst on our premises. You will be required to provide us with a valid list of attendees on the day of each event for fire safety purposes. Where possible we will advise you of any planned fire drills in advance. A copy of the fire evacuation procedures will be kept in every meeting room for review.
Our brand, ‘Learning Academy Partnership’, and those associated with our Trust, must not be used in any of your advertising or publicity without our prior written consent.